Wednesday, 4 June 2014

TLC after acrylic nails!


Bit of a different post from me today! Soo we've all been there right? You have your nails done for your holiday, a special occasion or simply to see what it's like to have acrylic nails on that you have to pay little attention to... 
What about when you finally decide to give your nails a break? I mean it's happened to me before. I've had them on for months, had a break and gone straight back...

Here are my before/after pics and the products I will be using to help my nails get the TLC they need:






Lately, I've been having plainer nails than usual, due to the fact I get easily bored sitting still having my nails done. Don't get me wrong I love the after look but having them done is Zzzzzz....Boring!
It's great, hassle free for a good few weeks, then BOOM in fills are needed, your nails start cracking urgh it's that time again.





Now bare in mind I have worn acrylics none stop for months and months, so this is'nt as bad as expected. Not healthy at all mind. Typing now is a challenge, with every slight knock of my nail I dread a giant snap.. So what am I going to do to help the matter?
Your going to need 5 things (besides patience haha)

1. A trusty nail file (which will become your new best friend) maybe you should carry it with you at all times, in case of a huge emergency snap! A trusty pair of nail scissors, incase you need to cut the nail down.

A good nail strengthener, you can't go wrong with good old Sally Hansen. (I hope) this little gem cost me a whooping £10.00! Who cares if it works, her products have always done me right in the past!

This was the last product I used when I once broke a nail part way off and needed it to behave, this is Rimmels 'Nail nurse' and cost me roughly £5.00 I think. (You don't need both however I thought I would give you two options from reputable brands)

A good hand cream, I usually use Vaselines pink stronger nail cream, but as I was stupid and forgot to pick some up I am using this one for the next few days. Boots NO7 hand cream stolen from my Mum :) sorry Mum..


Last but not least, a nice new nail colour to cheer yourself up with, okay.. okay you don't need this BUT how pretty is this colour and how refreshing being able to paint your new natural nails!

This post is by no means meant to put you off having acrylic nails, because I absolutely adore mine and I'm sure at some point when my nails feel a little better I will have them done again. It is simply a guide of tips and useful products to help your nails along the healing process!
Let me know what you think, I will keep you all updated through my blog and Twitter/Instagram @trendofdays

Happy Wednesday,
Love,
Trendofdays.
x





Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I always struggle with my nails strength, so your post has helped me out a lot! You have a lovely blog.
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can check it out on my blog if you're interested!
    Alanta xo alantasalley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you! So far so good with the nail treatments. I will check it out for sure :)
      x

      Delete
  2. I really love the first colour! Love the dark palette in this season! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I miss my acrylics already but at least I can still paint them :) hehe!
      xx

      Delete

A pipdig Blogger Template